Find a consultant
Dr Antonis Pavlidis
MD, PhD, FACC
Dr Antonis Pavlidis received his medical degree from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece, in 2004 and sub-specialised in interventional cardiology at St Thomas’ and the London Chest Hospitals.
He was appointed consultant cardiologist at St Thomas’ Hospital in 2015.
Antonis has been actively involved in clinical research with a specific interest in the area of preventive cardiology and completed his PhD thesis on primary dyslipidaemias.
He provides a service in general, interventional and preventive cardiology. He is an expert in all areas of coronary intervention, including physiological assessment, intravascular imaging and rotational atherectomy. Antonis specialises in treating complex coronary disease and has a particular interest in the percutaneous treatment of chronic total occlusions.
Chronic total occlusions, preventive cardiology, primary dyslipidaemias, hypertension, metabolic syndrome.
- Chest pain
- Coronary artery disease
- Coronary angioplasty
- Valvular heart disease
- General cardiology
- Familial lipid disorders
- Drug eluting stents
- Transradial interventions
- Chronic occlusion angioplasty
- Rotational atherectomy
- 2004: Medical school, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece Postgraduate – PhD from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece. Clinical fellow in interventional cardiology, St Thomas’ Hospital. Senior clinical fellow in interventional cardiology/fellow in percutaneous management of chronic total occlusions, London Chest Hospital.
Membership of professional bodies
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- American College of Cardiology