Find a consultant
Dr Ali Kubba
MB ChB FRCOG FFSRH
Consultant gynaecologist, colposcopist, and sexual and reproductive health specialist
Ali Kubba is the lead consultant in colposcopy and reproductive healthcare at Guy’s and St Thomas’ where he runs the largest colposcopy unit in London.
He has worked in the field of women’s health for 40 years and is honorary professor at Basra School of Medicine in Iraq.
Ali is also on the board of the European Society of Gynaecology and is also vice president of the European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health.
He is the author of several books and papers on women’s health and is on two editorial boards, as well as being an international speaker and advocate for healthy sexual and reproductive lives for women and men.
Cervical screening, colposcopy, contraceptive innovations, and menopause.
- Menopause, including non-hormonal treatments and hormone implants
- Management of women with abnormal smears, polyps and cervical abnormalities
- Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina); loop diathermy treatment, polyps-removal, HPV testing, treating warts and HPV vaccination
- Genital prolapse and vaginal laxity
- Premenstrual tension
- Contraception and complex contraceptive problems
- Qualified in 1973
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Founding member and fellow of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
Membership of professional bodies
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- British Menopause Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
- European Society of Gynaecology (board member)
- European Society of Contraception (vice president)