Dr Alexandra Quigley
DClin Psy, PG Dip, CPsychol, BSc
Specialist clinical psychologist
Dr Alexandra Quigley is a chartered clinical psychologist. She offers effective and evidence-based talking therapies for people with physical health conditions.
Alexandra maintains a strong interest in the latest research developments. She has been involved in published research with world leaders in the field of anxiety disorders.
Her previous roles include:
- researcher at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience
- researcher at the Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma
- trainee psychologist at the Royal Brompton
- clinical psychologist and supervisor for London Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Services
- Llad psychologist for the East London Chronic Fatigue Service.
She has specialist knowledge and interest in fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, myalgic encephalomyelitis, chronic and persistent pain, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety disorders.
- Face-to-face and via video call
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Compassion-focused therapy
Dr Quigley has 15 years of experience working in the NHS, conducting research and delivering therapy in renowned centres of excellence. She has also undertaken professional post-graduate training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- 2011: Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University College London
- 2014: Post Graduate Diploma in CBT from King’s College London
- 2017: Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for long-term conditions from King’s College
Membership of professional bodies
- British Psychological Society
- The Health and Care Professions Council
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies