Mr Ahmad Sayasneh is a consultant gynaecologist specialising in complex gynaecological surgery. He is an international expert in gynaecology and gynaecological ultrasonography, who significantly contributes to the body of scientific evidence in the field.
Ahmad is a reader (associate professor) in women’s health research at the faculty of life sciences and medicine, King’s College London. He is also an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the department of surgery and cancer, Imperial Health London since 2015.
Ahmad completed his obstetrics and gynaecology training with sub-specialty in gynaecological oncology from London Deanery, Hammersmith Hospital. He went on to complete the advanced training module in vaginal surgery for benign disease, and vulval disease at Cambridge University Hospitals. He gained specialist experience in reconstructive vaginal surgery and developed clinical interest in the management of vulval atrophy and lichen sclerosis.
Accredited as a colposcopist in 2010, Ahmad has completed multiple fellowships in advanced gynaecological surgery (gynaecological oncology, endometriosis) obtained in various international countries.
As an accomplished author, Ahmad has published more than 50 scientific papers in international peer review journals, and three book chapters. He is regularly invited to speak and chair at international meetings on subjects relating to the use of ultrasound and diagnostics in gynaecology.
Ahmad is now offering outpatient consultations at the Royal Brompton Hospital’s Wimpole Street facility. You can find out more details here.
Gynaecological ultrasonography, ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer, radical and ultraradical gynaecological surgery, minimal access gynaecological surgery, oncofertility and fertility preserving surgery in cancer.
- Ovarian cysts diagnostics and characterisation
- Surgery for early (open and laparoscopic) and advanced ovarian cancer
- Laparoscopic and open cervical and endometrial and cancers
- Supraradical surgery in gynaecological cancer
- Exenterative procedures in advanced and relapsed gynaecological cancers
- Vulval cancer and reconstructive surgery
- Minimal access gynaecological surgery
- Gynaecological ultrasonography
1998: MBChB Damascus University, Syria
1998-2003: Higher Studies Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with a post-graduation (Master’s) thesis in Hysteroscopy, Damascus University
2004: ArBOG, Arab Board in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
2006: MRCOG, Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Postgraduate MD(Res), Dual CCT Obstetrics and Gynaecology, subspecialty in gynaecological oncology, ATSM advanced training module in vulval disease, ATSM advanced training module in vaginal surgery, BSCCP (diagnosis and treatment), and Postgraduate Certificate in Sexual Health Skills (30 credits, level 3).
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical pathology
- The National Cervical Cancer Coalition
- European Association for Transluminal Surgery
- International Society for Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
- International Ovarian Tumour Analysis Group (IOTA)
- East Anglian Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society
- European School of Oncology club
- Surgical Oncology Trainee Association
- International, European and British Societies of Gynecological Oncology (IGCS, ESGO, BGCS)
- The British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE).