Find a consultant
Professor Adam Fox
MA, MB BS, MD, FRCPCH
Consultant paediatric allergist
Adam read Medicine and Neuroscience at Cambridge University before completing his clinical training at University College, London. Having completed specialist training in Paediatric Allergy in 2006, he spent 9 years as clinical lead of Allergy at Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospitals, London – Europe’s largest specialist Allergy service, recognised as an International Centre of Excellence by both the World Allergy Organisation and GALEN (European Asthma & Allergy Network). He is now Clinical Director for Specialist Ambulatory Medicine and a Reader in Paediatric Allergy at King’s College London.
Adam chaired the UK Department of Health National Care Pathway for Food Allergy in Childhood and was a member of the National Institute of Healthcare and Clinical Excellence (NICE) clinical guideline development group for the assessment and diagnosis of food allergy in children. He is also the senior author of the Milk Allergy in Primary Care guideline. He currently chairs the Paediatric Committee of the British Society of Allergy & Clinical Immunology and has been elected as President from October 2018.
Adam was awarded ‘Paediatric Allergist of the Year’ from Allergy UK in 2007. His doctoral thesis on peanut allergy received the Raymond Horton Smith prize from Cambridge University in 2012 and he was included in The Times ‘Britain’s 100 Best Children’s Doctor’s’ (2012). Adam received the William Frankland Award for Outstanding contribution to Allergy by the British Society of Allergy & Clinical Immunology in 2015 and a National Clinical Excellence award from the UK Department of Health in 2016.
Food allergy, hayfever, desensitisation to food and inhaled allergens eg pollen, dust mite, pet dander, eczema, asthma, wheeze.
- Skin prick testing
- Lung function testing including nitric oxide measurement
- Oral food and drug provocation challenges
- Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Food desensitisation
- Higher Degree 2011 Doctor of Medicine (MD), Cambridge University – ‘Peanut Allergy: routes of pre & post natal exposure.’
- Postgraduate 2008 FRCPCH(UK)
- 2007 Postgraduate Diploma in Allergy, Southampton University
- 2006 CCST and recognition of Higher Specialist Training in Paediatrics and Paediatric Allergy
- 2006 Fellowship of Higher Education Academy
- 2006 Level 7 Introductory Executive Diploma in Management, Chartered Management Institute
- 2002 MSc Clinical Paediatrics, Institute of Child Health, London
- 2000 Diploma of Child Health
- 1999 MRCPCH(UK)
Membership of professional bodies
- British Society for Allergy & Clinical Immunology – President Elect
- European Academy of Allergy & Clinical Immunology
- Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health