Dr Andrew R Davies
BSc(hons), MBChB, MSc, MD, FRCS
Consultant general and oesophago-gastric surgeon
Specialises in general and oesophago-gastric surgery including hernia repair, gall bladder removal and oesophago-gastric cancer.
Dr Andrew Davies is a consultant general and oesophago-gastric surgeon who qualified from Edinburgh University in 2002.
After graduating from Edinburgh University he undertook his higher surgical training in a number of leading London teaching hospitals including King’s College Hospital liver unit, the Royal Marsden and St Thomas’ Hospital.
During his training he was awarded two laparoscopic surgery fellowships to University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburg, USA and Unitas Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Oesophageal and gastric cancer.
- Hernias (inguinal, umbilical, epigastric and incisional).
- Lumps and bumps (eg lipoma).
- Hernia repair (inguinal, umbilical, epigastric and incisional).
- Cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal).
- Hiatus hernia repair (anti-reflux surgery).
- Surgery for achalasia (cardiomyotomy).
- Endoscopy laparoscopic surgery oesophagectomy.
- Cancer staging gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST) resection.
- Lipoma removal.
- Oesophageal and gastric cancer staging.
- Anti-reflux surgery.
Membership of professional bodies
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
- Association of Surgeons of GB and Ireland (ASGBI)
Guys and St Thomas’ hospitals