Our long history of medical breakthroughs
Guy’s and St Thomas’ have a proud history dating back more than 900 years. We have been at the forefront of numerous medical breakthroughs and continue to innovate and pioneer new treatments.
Our achievements include:
- leading UK kidney transplant programme
- pioneers in cardiac procedures including TAVI and Parachute implant
- award-winning dermatology service from St John’s Institute of Dermatology
- major centre for clinical genetics and home to the UK’s 100,000 Genome programme
- specialist complex paediatric care
- innovations in use of robotics for cancer treatment and surgery.
Visit Guy’s and St Thomas’ for full details on our history and innovations.